Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Update!!!!!

hye guys sorry for not blogging in a while i have been really busy doing other stuff but i wanted to fill you guys in on how i"m doing. Well we have finally finished growing the bone, but since my metatarsal is already small (smaller then the pinky toe) it can be stretched to far because it can cause foot pain in the future or the bone poping up or even worse when i start walking it could just break, ouchhh. so it isnt regular size but it doesnt look that bad and the doctor says when she takes off the fixtator she can slide the bone 1 or 2 milimeters and stick in a small screw which should get it to regular size, hopefully!!! Now the scar is healing nicely but i i'm young so my skin heals better. I am now walking alittle with a surgical boot and crutches it was  slightly hard at first but i'm getting the hang of it. My doctor says the rule is that whatever time it took to grow the bone times 3 is how long i have to leave the fixtator on for after we are done growing. It took me 3 weeks so 9 more weeks of this fixtator on my foot :(. But i am glad my foot looks normal so ;) . Everyone is different and everyones experience is different so if your looking into having the surgery the process might be longer or shorter. Heres a pic of my left  foot now, compared to my right  foot which has yet to go through to process.

No comments:

Post a Comment